Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Stick blender mayonnaise



I love how reading a few blogs allows you to share ideas and have a dialogue with people you would not otherwise have the opportunity to meet. Carl Legge recently posted a recipe and video of how to make your own mayonnaise using a stick blender. I've never made my own before so I thought I would give it a go. I used Yors extra virgin cold pressed rapeseed oil because its made in West Yorkshire and has an amazing colour. The freshest egg I could get was alas supermarket bought but it was good quality, from a Clarence Court Cotswold Legbar hen. I made half quantities because Carl suggests it will only keep for 4-5 days in the fridge and Sue does not like mayonnaise. The result was unlike any shop-bought mayonnaise I have ever eaten and delightful.


Do take a look at the video on Carl's site if you have not already done so. Asparagus will be available soon, I may need a bucket...

No comments:

Post a Comment