Monday, 19 November 2012

lemon barley loaf




This Dan Lepard recipe is rather sweet and not to my taste but was appreciated by work colleagues.

I used barley flour milled from the Etal estate we visited whilst on holiday this year. It was the worst weather we experienced, pouring with rain, but we had a great morning looking around the mill and the miller herself was very generous with her time.

The Mellow Bakers project seems to have fallen away but I will continue to bake from The Handmade Loaf, focusing on the recipes that most appeal to me. A poorly laptop has meant i have had problems posting new photos. I have a post on the Barm loaf in hand, a great success. I am attending my first bread course next Monday. I am also enjoying cooking some tasty Indian vegetarian food and am eyeing up some flat bread recipes so I hope to have more posts available soon.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this one. I'd love to hear more about the bread course (have been toying with the idea of doing one next summer.) I recently picked up the flatbreads book by Alford and Duguid and have started to explore different versions of naan (and accompaniments) there. Great stuff.

    I'm hoping to get back to posting on Handmade Loaf recipes soon - been swallowed by other work this fall, alas. - Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the barley and rye loaf from the Handmade loaf - really nice bread. I think the mellow bakers project seems to have died away. I am hoping to continue baking from Dan's book but may be more selective. And there are several i would like to bake again - top of the list is the onion and bay leaf loaf which was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete