Sunday, 24 March 2013

Spring time


always
            it’s
                   Spring)and everyone’s
in love and flowers pick themselves

ee cummings


It's Spring. Time for lighter Mediterranean-inspired dishes for these sunny evenings....
Oh.


Not quite. Winter returned with a vengeance  yesterday. We had planned to go to Chesterfield but after standing at the bus stop being passed by smirking 4x4s we realised the bus service had been suspended. Never mind, we did some food shopping and took a few photographs before having lunch in a local pub with a decent pint of a Cornish ale "Proper Job". On the way home I spotted a patch of wild garlic that was not covered by the snow. Ruth had written about wild garlic recently. I usually forget about it until it is passed its best but this year I was more vigilant.


I love wild garlic and as we were planning a pizza night I thought I would pick a bunch to make a pesto accompaniment.





I followed a recipe I had seen in the paper recently by Hugh FW


I love making my own pestos. There's a lot of root veg in my veg box at the moment and the addition of pesto is like a spoonful of sunshine.


We made pizza with last night's home made tomato source and a River Cottage base. Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese completed the topping.



May be we were just hungry but this pizza tasted better than many we have had out.



1 comment:

  1. Yum, I am off to pick some wild garlic today and will be making pesto for various dishes, your pizza appeals to me. Hope your well.

    ReplyDelete